At The Salvation Army, we don’t see ‘clients’, we work alongside people.
We don’t just offer homelessness accommodation - we extend an invitation for transformation.
We understand that recovery and overcoming is different for every person. Our Community Resource Workers and dedicated upfront Intervention Teams work with people to help them achieve their housing and life goals.
Our accommodation model
We’ve been in a phase of transition over the last few years. Gone is the old-fashioned ‘homeless shelter’ model, because really, who wants to end up in a homeless shelter?
Our new model of homelessness accommodation focuses on transformation through self-care and self-management. People who access our services can stay with us as a guest, as we work with them on their individual journey out of housing stress and into the life of their choice. Or, they may wish to move straight into alternative or private rental accommodation and accesses our services remotely.
Whatever the choice, we support people every step of the way. Because at the Salvos, we believe that hope is for everyone, and that no-one should have to go it alone.
We have homelessness accommodation services located in:
- NSW - Broken Hill, Illawarra, Murrumbidgee, Shellharbour and Sydney
- QLD - Brisbane, Bundaberg, Caboolture, Cairns, Mackay, Mt Isa, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast & Toowoomba
- Demonstrated transformation, grounded in the belief that people can and will reclaim their lives.
- An environment of dignity and respect aligned with a ‘you can’ philosophy has resulted in people embracing self-care and self-management.
- Ability for people to access the right support and shelter solutions without necessarily coming into homelessness services
- Improved housing and personal outcomes for people, resulting in people’s ability to maintain secure housing tenure in community
- More opportunities for people accessing our supports to volunteer learn and grow, providing more opportunities to fully experience their employability, self-worth and community membership.