South Australia Court Chaplaincy
Presently Salvation Army chaplains operate in the Adelaide, Elizabeth, Christies Beach and Mount Barker Magistrates Courts.
Our chaplains support people by being available to
- Listen to client’s concerns
- Explain the court process
- Provide support and referral where needed
A Salvation Army court chaplain’s role is to provide pastoral care, spiritual care and support.
To get in touch with one of our court chaplains please see below or call (08) 8408 6900.
Major Wendy Simpkin (Adelaide Magistrates Court chaplain)
0407 518 917
Captain Lynn Boughton (Northern Adelaide Court chaplain)
0457 600 017
South Australia Prison Chaplaincy
Salvation Army chaplains operate within Prison Chaplaincy Services SA (PCS), a multi faith chaplaincy service to the prisons of South Australia.
PCS operates under a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Corrections. As chaplains within this system we are bound by strict confidentiality rules and as such are unable to disclose information regarding prisoners, or pass on messages.
- Our primary role is to be a listening ear as we provide emotional and spiritual support to prisoners.
- When the opportunity arises we refer prisoners to broader Salvation Army programmes, other professional services within the prisons (such as social workers or case workers) and other professional helping services.
- We provide chapel services, the Positive Lifestyle Program to individuals and groups, and facilitate multi faith engagement.
To get in touch with one of our prison chaplains please see below or call (08) 8408 6900
Major David Simpkin
0429 826 724
Major Stacey Cotton
0439 603 108