Kokoda Trek September 2019
Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure?
Trek the historic Kokoda Track through the mountains of Papua New Guinea and learn more about WWII history and how the Salvos played a part in 1942 on the track.
You'll physically challenge yourself as you retrace part of Australia's history, all while raising money for a good cause.
Confirmed dates: 8-19 September 2019
Trip duration: 12 days
Trek duration: 9 days (includes 1 rest day)
Level of Difficulty: 5/5 - High level of fitness required
Fundraising target: $3,500
Funds raised will help provide: food, a safe place to sleep and financial counseling for Aussies doing it tough
Trek cost: $6065 ($5295 plus the registration fee of $770)
- Return international airfares from Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns or Townsville
- Chartered internal flight
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Port Moresby
- Camping gear along the track (except sleeping bag, pillow, and mattress)
- Professional Australian guide with historical commentary
- Group emergency gear
- All meals as per itinerary
About the adventure
One of the world’s greatest treks, the Kokoda Track links the north and south coast of Papua New Guinea across rugged mountain terrain, tropical rainforest and unspoiled villages.
On Brigade Hill we will pause on the track for a deeply moving remembrance service. At the completion of the
This challenging trek is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, with every step you take helping The Salvation Army give hope to Australians who need it most.
Where will the funds go?
The funds you raise will help provide:
- a safe place for one week for 12 persons fleeing a crisis (eg a domestic/family violence situation), or
- financial counseling for four families that means they are better equipped to be financially stable, or
- 62 food hampers to families in need.