This Christmas, you will bring some unexpected hope and joy this Christmas
Christmas is a time of hope, happiness and belonging for most of us. However, the worsening housing crisis, growing financial instability and the ongoing fallout of COVID-19 means a growing number of hardworking families across Australia are on the brink of losing their homes, or currently experiencing homelessness.
Did you know? Between January and July 2021, The Salvation Army assisted over 26,000 people at risk of homelessness1, 45% of families accessing Salvos services this year reported difficulty paying for food, essentials and bills2 and 24% of Australians were concerned about paying for Christmas in 20203.
Unable to afford rent, basic necessities and even food for their families this Christmas, many Aussies will be forced to live in in unsafe conditions, without the basic comforts that make a home. Living in these conditions, no family or child can hope to build a life or feel the joy of Christmas.
1 Internal Salvation Army research conducted by the Policy, Research and Social Justice team (PRSJ) 2021.
2 RSA 2021 Making ends meet report. Data collected between Oct-Jan.
3 Internal Salvation Army research conducted by Media Relations in Oct 2020.
But you can help change that!
As a corporate partner, your generosity this Christmas can result in a long-lasting positive change in the lives of those facing homelessness or hardship in your community.
Some of the ways your donation can help:
- $7,000 can provide a Christmas hamper with treats and essentials to 100 struggling families.
- $11,250 can give a woman escaping violence this Christmas a safe home for 3 months.
- $20,000 can make a significant difference to the health and wellbeing of the many people sleeping rough around Australia, by providing crucially needed warm and comfortable bedding essentials to 250 rough sleepers.
- $30,000 can provide a month of outreach casework support, allowing a family to receive the compassionate care they need to rebuild their life and obtain secure housing.
- $40,000 can provide 2 weeks of emergency accommodation and a sense of safety and support for 14 families at risk of immediate homelessness.
You can help countless Australians out of hardship by making a corporate donation today. The gift you give can bring some unexpected cheer and light the way to a brighter future for countless Australians this Christmas.
Contact your Relationship Manager or email email@example.com to learn how your donation can support our programs and services. Together we can leave no one in need.