Warrondi Engage and Link Initiative
Warrondi Engage & Link (WEL) is a residential program that offers support and counselling for Indigenous adults (18 years and over) experiencing homelessness due to a complex range of life domain issues including substance misuse.
The WEL Program is an extension to Supported Accommodation and Recovery Services (SAARS) West and is managed by the Aboriginal Outreach Team. It provides a safe, supportive, drug and alcohol free environment, where participants must be medication compliant and committed to the program.
The philosophy that drives the WEL way of service delivery is the notion that 'change' and the 'change process' is the key to a better, healthier way of life.
- To provide a safe, stable environment where workers can undertake culturally sensative casework to Indigenous clients who experience difficulties in accessing mainstream Indigenous and other services
- To assess client's abilities to work toward long-term 'recovery' and to support the 'change' process
- To work in collaboration with other agencies to assist clients in accessing accommodation and other services
- Pre-entry interview / assessment
- Case planning and goal setting
- Counselling & practical support
- Financial counselling (including budgeting, savings and debt reduction)
- Life skills support (including, shopping, cooking and cleaning)
- Case reviews and exit planning
Fully furnished self contained accommodation within the city, including individual bedrooms, communal kitchen, laundry, bathroom and living facilities and courtyard areas.
1-1 Counselling, support and advocacy and 24 hour on site support.
Interested in our programs? Come and talk to us
Monday to Friday between 11am and 1pm (NO BOOKING REQUIRED)
62 Whitmore Square, Adelaide
WEL Program: (08) 8212 1215