If you would like to make an appointment with one of our Financial Counselling Team, please call 1800 722 363 today.
The light you’ve been looking for to solve your money problems
Are you struggling to pay off your credit card? Is legal action imminent? Is your electricity bill overdue ... again? Are you having trouble making ends meet? Even if everything feels overwhelming, there is hope – you can get your money under control. The Salvation Army’s free Moneycare financial counselling service is here to help.
When you talk through your situation with our caring, professional counsellors, you’ll receive personalised advice on how to get through your money problems and avoid trouble in the future. Importantly, our service is free and confidential.
- Having trouble keeping up with credit card repayments and loans?
- Unable to pay your electricity or phone bill?
- Being chased for money you owe?
- Facing legal action for debts?
- Experiencing difficulty paying your rent or mortgage?
- About to have your car repossessed?
- Facing or considering bankruptcy?
- Wanting help managing your fines?
- Finding it tough to make ends meet?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, please contact us today. Use the above search box to find your nearest Moneycare financial counsellor, phone us on 1800 722 363 or use the chat bot in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
Please note: Moneycare financial counselling does not provide emergency cash loans, vouchers or emergency relief. Use this search tool to find urgent financial assistance or emergency relief through The Salvation Army’s Doorways team.
What to expect when you contact Moneycare
When you phone us on 1800 722 363, you will speak to a real person. Our friendly team member will guide you through the process, so don’t worry about what you need to say. An appointment will be made, and you’ll receive an email confirmation of what you’ll need to bring to your appointment. For example, payslips, income statements, debts owed, account numbers.
- At your appointment, the financial counsellor may:
- Ask how you are – holistic care is important to us
- Ask questions about your financial situation Offer you some options to improve your situation – but you get to decide what action to take
- Help you develop some goal/s
- Contact credit providers on your behalf, or show you how to do so
- Offer you some follow up actions to take, and discuss what they will do, before your next session
- Your financial counsellor will keep in touch with you as you both work towards your financial goals. Once you achieve your goals, we will continue to support you to achieve financial resilience and help you leave your money problems behind. You may like to explore our suite of financial resources and stories of change here.
Moneycare and my organisation
Are your employees or the people you're serving struggling with finances? Find out how your organisation can help people take control through our financial capability program, You're the Boss.