How the Red Shield Appeal helps people
1 million people turn to the Salvos each year for help from the Red Shield Appeal
How are Red Shield Appeal funds used?
Funds from the Red Shield Appeal support services such as:
- Aged care services
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) services
- Alcoholism Detoxification service
- Anger management programs
- Asylum Seeker Support Services
- Child and adolescent services
- Community support programmes
- Counselling services
- Court and prison services
- Crisis accommodation centres
- Disability services
- Disaster relief
- Emergency services
- Employment, Education and Training programmes
- Family violence services
- Health information exchange
- Home and school support
- Homelessness and Housing programmes
- Recreation programmes
- Survivors of suicide groups
- Women's refuge
- Youth support programmes
Help the Salvos help others
How? Click here to make a donation, or you can click here to sign up to give your services as a collector for just 2 hours during the Red Shield Appeal doorknock. To involve your friends would also be of great assistance and even more fun! Service clubs, schools, Scout and Guide groups and other voluntary bodies are also encouraged to participate in this essential community service. Collecting in the preceding or following days may be possible by arrangement.
To register as a doorknock volunteer:
Click here to enrol online
or phone 13 SALVOS (13 72 58)
You will be contacted later to make suitable arrangements convenient to both yourself and The Salvation Army.
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER!