The Basin Centre
Residential Recovery Program for Alcohol and Drug Addiction
A live-in16 week recovery program for men and women with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change. The Salvation Army auspices The Basin, supported by a caring and professional staff who uphold the ideals and values of The Salvation Army in their work.
The Service operates within the Salvation Army philosophy and values which include:
- Respecting human dignity - We affirm the worth and capacity of all people.
- Justice - We promote health and whole relationships, and good society.
- Hope - We work for reconciliation, healing and transformation for all people and creation.
- Compassion - We feel compelled to stand with and do something about another’s suffering.
- Community - We build community and meet with God in our encounter with others.
Services are provided in a safe environment which is free of alcohol and drugs.
Information and Assessment
For information and assessment contact The Basin directly
PO Box 34
The Basin, Vic, 3154
Phone: 03 9762 1166
Fax: 03 9762 5767
Please note: The Victorian Government is establishing a new, regionalised system of assessment and referral to residential rehabilitation centres such as The Basin. New information will be posted as it becomes available.
49 Basin - Olinda Rd
The Basin VIC 3154
Ph: (03) 9762 1166
Fax: (03) 9762 5767
How to get to The Basin Centre
- Ventura Bus - Route 755 - from Knox City to Bayswater, via The Basin
- 755 Bus Route travels via the Boronia Train Station
- From the roundabout at The Basin Village Shopping Centre The Basin Centre is approximately 500 metres east along Basin-Olinda Road on the left hand side or northern side.
- Map 65:H7