HOURS OF OPERATION
Open Tuesday to Friday 9.30am - 1.30pm
Our Child Care Centre licence regulations state that a child cannot
be in our care for more than 15 hours a week, 5 hours per day
This restricts us to placing a child in care to a maximum of 3 days
Phone: 5329 1110
Manager - Janet White
Children's & Youth Services - Louise Jeffrey
Co-ordinator - Alison Ford
Assistants - Tracey Trezise & Amy Bertus
- Pre school aged children of Karinya service users
- Pre school aged children of parents enrolled in Ballarat North Community House classes or groups
- Pre school aged children of parent/s who are referred by other HSS agencies and services (when vacancies exist)
- Pre school aged children of parent/s with a concession card (pension or health care) who are referred by other agencies and services (when vacancies exist)
1. Our programme provides children with experiences and activities that will encourage use of imagination and develop physical, language and social skills.
2. We offer a range of experiences such as painting, pasting, playing withplay-dough, sand, water, using puzzles, blocks, dressing-up, playingwith action toys such as balls, riding bikes and other ride-on toys.
3. The Childcare room is a messy clothes area. Children love messy things like play-dough, paint and water. It is encouraged that children aredressed in clothing that can get dirty, and a spare set of clothing be provided.
4. Equipment is provided that is suitable to the child’s age and development.
5. Each child attending childcare on a regular basis can have anindividual care plan. Discuss this with the Child Care Co-ordinator
- We will provide a friendly environment in which children feel safe, valued, respected and happy
- We will provide a stimulating environment in which children can play in ways that encourage their development
- We will respond to the individual needs and interests of each child
- We will maintain high standards of health and safely in the Centre
- We will encourage confidence, self-esteem and a sense of responsibility and co-operation in each child
- We believe parents have an important contribution to make to our Centre and value their suggestions and involvement
- We value staff with a commitment to children, who offer a range of qualifications and experience