State Social Command Victoria provides The Salvation Army with a single voice on matters of policy, service provision and program funding. The Service is made up of many different social programs and is responsible for program areas such as homelessness, family violence, residential care, youth services and alcohol and drug support.
SalvoCare Eastern is the local expression of State Social Command Victoria and provides programs within a stream structure encompassing Youth Services, Homelessness and Support Services, AOD Services, Out of Home Care, Chaplaincy and Courts and Prisons and Business Administration.
SalvoCare Eastern has 80 cost centres operating out of 25 locations across Eastern Metropolitan, Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland. All accounting and payroll functions are performed at the central finance hub located at Rowville.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active Finance Officer to assist in Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing for the SalvoCare Eastern network. You will need to have strong attention to detail and accuracy and have an understanding of awards and application of them.
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Have certificate IV in Accounting (or equivalent) or significant work experience in bookkeeping and payroll.
• Be able to perform book keeping and receipting tasks
• Have intermediate ability with use of spreadsheets, emailing and web browser
• Be proactive and self-motivated
• Handle finances and records accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures
• Ensure needs of service users remain key focus
• Convey information effectively – verbally and in writing
• Have a current police check or willing to undergo a police check (essential)
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential (if applicable)
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a full time position (38 hours per week) fixed term maternity leave replacement commencing January to September 2018. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the personal and Job competencies and a current CV and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number SC137.
CLOSING DATE: 19th January 2018