You can provide a brighter future for children and save lives as a sponsor for Water & Health.
Each day, nearly 1,000 children around the world die due to preventable water and sanitation-related diseases. 2.4 billion people lack access to basic sanitation services, such as toilets or latrines, and 1.8 billion people rely on contaminated water sources.Link
Poverty and poor health are strongly linked. With limited access to clean water and poor hygiene practices, children are often sick and cannot attend school. Their communities struggle with preventable disease and ongoing malnutrition.
As a sponsor for Water & Health, you will help save lives by giving children access to things that we take for granted every day – fresh water, clean toilets, and basic healthcare training.
You can support The Salvation Army's vital water, health and sanitation projects around the world. Some of the ways you'll make a difference are:
- Installing water pipes, tanks, taps and toilets in schools and communities
- Educating children and communities about good hygiene practices, nutrition, maternal and child health and disease prevention
- Training health workers and birth attendants
- Building capacity to advocate for health services
- Empowering people living with a disability through community-based rehabilitation
- Facilitating home-based care and support for people living with HIV
Got more questions about sponsorship?