The Salvation Army URL has changed to salvationarmy.org.auFind out more
Here at The Salvation Army Ryde we love volunteers! Australians are known for their generosity of spirit and willingness to lend a hand, in fact it's estimated that 1 in 4 people in Australia do some kind of volunteer work. They choose to work without payment for the benefit of their community and to give the gift, of their own time, to add value to others. Since its beginnings in Australia over 120 years ago, the work of The Salvation Army has been immeasurably enhanced by ordinary Australians who have given their time to help those who are in need.
Why should I volunteer?
Volunteering gives all of us the opportunity to help future generations, just as volunteers from the past have enriched all of our lives. When you help The Salvation Army as a volunteer, you offer a hand of support to someone at their greatest point of need. Many people who have been helped over the years later tell us that simply knowing that someone cared was the turning point in their lives. Many of our past clients then go on to become volunteers themselves. Our volunteers also report a great sense of satisfaction, and joy at developing new skills, gaining work experience, making new friends, and simply having fun!
How will my time help?
By donating your time to The Salvation Army:
- You will bring your skills, expertise, enthusiasm and new ideas to help the work of The Salvation Army.
- You add to the pool of people available to assist in the running of various programs, which means more people can be helped.
- You help ensure a more cost effective service, making best use of funds available, or help in raising more funds.
What could I do?
The Salvation Army in Ryde can use volunteer help right across our work, some of the areas include:
- Administration (typing, clerical and reception work)
- Preparing & serving meals
- Undertaking fundraising activities
- Helping at the local Salvos Store
- Accompanying vulnerable community members to appointments
- Teaching art, cooking, music and other skills classes
- Driving vehicles and buses
- Gardening and landscaping
- Mentoring and encouraging young people
Additionally if you have a particular set of skills and would like to use these to bless the community then please let us know. We would love nothing more than for you to be utilised most effectvely in your volunteering. To express your interest in volunteering please complete the form below and a member of the team will get in touch with you for a 'no pressure' conversation to see if you are still interested in volunteering and how that could best work. We can't wait to hear from you!