Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are an agreement between The Salvation Army, Stafford (referred to as Stafford Corps) and individuals and groups (referred to as the Hirer) who have successfully booked a room or hall at The Salvation Army, 32-54 Hayward St, Stafford, Qld 4053.
Note: The Salvation Army, Stafford is primarily a Christian Church. As such, it is expected that Hirers, workers, contractors and guests behave accordingly whilst on the premises, and in particular are respectful of the main worship auditorium when used.
When hiring any room at The Salvation Army, Stafford, the Hirer is responsible to ensure:
- the venue is left in an acceptably clean and tidy manner (see Cleaning below), i.e.
- decorations are removed without damage to the property,
- all rooms and floors used are cleared of debris,
- kitchen items are washed in hot water and detergent (supplied on site) and returned to their place of origin.
- children are kept under adult supervision at all times,
- noise levels comply with both state and local government noise regulations,
- electrical equipment brought to the venue has evidence of test and tagging by an approved electrician 12 months prior to the event,
- any additional equipment or furniture brought to the venue is approved by the Stafford Corps,
- the safe evacuation of everyone attending the event in the case of an emergency, e.g. fire,
- all events must be concluded, including clean up, and all patrons exited the building by 10.00pm. Additional fees will apply where hires exceed this timeframe.
- The following are NOT permitted on the premises:
- smoking of tobacco, marijuana or e-cigarettes; alcohol or illegal drugs; firearms or other weapons; open flames (e.g. candles), explosives or fuels; any offensive or illegal conduct, activity or purpose.
- The Hirer may not drive tacks, nails or screws and the like into any part of the building, furniture or fixtures.
- The Hirer must not interfere with any of the electrical or mechanical equipment on the venue.
- The venue must not be used for any purpose:
- other than that stated in the booking form. Failure to give correct information will result in immediate cancellation of the venue hire,
- that will impact the local community,
- that may injure the reputation of the Stafford Corps,
- that would increase or invalidate any insurance policy taken out by the Stafford Corps or increase the premiums payable by the Stafford Corps,
- by a third party.
- The Hirer may not advertise that The Salvation Army is in any way associated with the event other than providing the facility.
- Any use of the venue must not interfere with any other use of the property by the Stafford Corps or any other person.
It is the responsibility of the Hirer to inform the Stafford Corps of any amendments, additions, changes or alterations made to their booking.
Out of Office Call Fee
If a Hirer calls for assistance out of the Stafford Corps’ office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) and the purpose of the call is found to be the fault of the Hirer (i.e. did not read entry instructions, trying to enter outside of booking time, trying to enter the wrong hall or at the wrong time or on the wrong day, etc.) a fee of $25.00 may apply.
Please note any genuine emergencies will be attended to as promptly as possible with no fee.
Parking on-site is included with the booking fee, however the Stafford Corps is not responsible for any theft or damage that occurs on its premises. All patrons are expected to comply with the 10km speed limit within the carpark.
Occupational Health & Safety
All users are obliged to take reasonable care to ensure their own health and safety and those of co-workers, visitors and patrons to events. The Hirer must comply with any safety instructions given by the Stafford Corps staff. It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that their employees, contractors, volunteers and/or helpers practice good workplace health and safety measures to control, identify and report any hazard to the Stafford Corps staff immediately. It is the Hirer's responsibility to adequately induct their employees, contractors and helpers/volunteers in WHS matters before starting work at our venue.
The Hirer is responsible to ensure:
- any decorations are removed from the venue at the end of the function without damage to the venue,
- all debris is removed from floors, surfaces and entrances,
- chairs, tables, utensils and the like are returned to their original place before leaving the venue.
Failure to leave the venue in a clean and tidy manner will forfeit any bond.
General cleaning is included in the cost of the venue hire (i.e. sweeping and mopping of floors, vacuuming carpets, toilets and basins cleaned).
Breakages or damage must be reported to the Stafford Corps as soon as possible (preferably by email and with accompanying photographs of the damage/breakage). The Hirer is financially liable for the cost of repair or replacement of any damaged or broken items whether through their own actions or those of their contractors, sub-contractors, guests or clients.
In no event will the Stafford Corps be liable to the Hirer on any account whatsoever, whether as a result of wear and tear or any defect in any equipment at the venue for any loss or damage whatsoever including consequential loss or damage and whether or not foreseeable or contemplated.
Indemnity and insurance
The Hirer must indemnify the Stafford Corps from and against all actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, death and expenses for which the Stafford Corps may become liable including any loss, damage or injury from any cause whatsoever to property or person caused or contributed to by the use of the venue by the Hirer and for any personal injury sustained by any person in or about the venue however caused other than the wilful or negligent act of the Stafford Corps or its staff or agents.
The Hirer is required to provide the Stafford Corps with a copy of their current public liability insurance in the amount of no less than $10,000,000 before the event.
Alternatively, The Salvation Army will provide insurance – ask for the rate at the time of booking.
Unless by prior arrangement with the Stafford Corps, deliveries and pick-ups are part of the hire period. Unexpected deliveries will be refused. The Stafford Corps employees will not dispatch goods from venues and will not sign for the delivery of goods.
Fees and Cancellation
Click here (or refer to www.salvationarmy.org.au/stafford) for fees relating to room, equipment and other facility hire. Room hire is inclusive of any set up, clean up and rehearsal time.
A bond is required for bookings of the worship auditorium, refundable on the provision that the facilities are left clean, tidy, and without damages or breakages (click here for schedule of fees).
Cancellations within seven (7) working days prior to commencement of hire will attract a cancellation fee of 10% of the total booking.
Nothing in this hire agreement confers on the Hirer any rights as a tenant and such is expressly negated. The relationship between the Stafford Corps and the Hirer is one of licensor and licensee.
The Stafford Corps may in its discretion and without the need to give any reason whatsoever, refuse to agree to hire the venue to the Hirer. The Stafford Corps may terminate this agreement at any time by giving notice to the Hirer. Any fees paid in advance of the date of termination will be refunded by the Stafford Corps to the Hirer within 2 weeks.
The Stafford Corps has the right to cancel a hire if it deems the activity to be inappropriate, or the purpose of the hire not to be that which has been agreed on, or for the good of the community.
Acknowledgement & Agreement
- I agree to use the venue for the purpose declared in my booking application and for the time that I have booked only.
- I acknowledge that entering the venue prior to my booking or staying longer than I have booked is not permitted and will incur additional fees, including any security company call out fee.
- I agree to pay the bond, refundable when I leave the venue in a clean and tidy condition and without breakages or damage, and to paying the hire fees as indicated on the Fee Schedule.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, and agree to abide by them according to the purpose of use as stated.