Family Supported Accommodation
The Family Supported Accommodation staff work alongside families having experienced homelessness or at risk of homelessness by providing accommodation and an invitation towards transformation within an environment of hope.
- Case management support: Our staff work alongside families, identifying goals and what might be getting in the way of achieving them. Support and accommodation is provided for the duration of need.
- Outreach support: Assistance is provided to families who request ongoing support as they enter long-term or transitional housing.
- Tenancy management: Salvos Housing provides tenancy management support to people accessing this service. Rent is paid to Salvos Housing and is calculated at about 25 percent of a person's income. There may be costs associated with lawn care and electricity. Salvos Housing will provide this information to the family.
- Upfront Intervention Team: This team completes a Queensland Homelessness Information Platform (QHIP) assessment and works alongside people experiencing housing stress to obtain a housing outcome. The team is based at Spring Hill. Staff also work with people to identify alternative supports and services and provide referrals.
Eligibility and access:
Families experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness are eligible for the service and are prioritised on next-highest-need basis and best fit to the property.
For an assessment, telephone the Upfront Intervention Team on 07 3350 3455 or, if you would prefer to meet with someone in person, telephone the above number to organise an appointment.
Accommodation and Housing Models:
- CAP (Crisis Accommodation Program)
- Housing is temporary in nature and staff work with families to identify pathways towards more permanent housing, what barriers are and how to overcome them. Length of stay is, on average, between 3-6 months.
- CRS (Community Rental Scheme)
- Transitional model and families can stay up to 12 months. To be eligible for CRS housing, the applicant must have a current social housing application with the Department of Housing and be listed at "high" or "very high" needs.
Office address: 32-54 Hayward St. Stafford
Postal address: PO BOX 82 Aspley 4034
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Telephone: 3350 3455