Individual and community volunteering
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Australian states have health and social distancing rules in place to minimise the spread of the virus.
COVID-19 has also impacted and reduced the number of volunteer opportunities available this year. Please check your state’s restrictions before expressing your interest in volunteering.
Share in the joy of giving this Christmas as a Salvos volunteer.
2020 has been a difficult year for communities across Australia. The collective consequences of bushfires, drought and the COVID-19 pandemic mean now more than ever, Australians – especially vulnerable ones – are experiencing increased hardship.
And although Christmas is a time for joy for many, for those doing it tough – it is often challenging, heartbreaking and isolating. As the festive season approaches – it is becoming increasingly clear that many Australians are going to struggle to have even a modest celebration.
The Salvation Army provides over 130,000 meals and more than 36,000 food hampers to individuals and families in need, and Salvos volunteers like you help spread cheer among almost 70,000 households each Christmas.
If you're looking to give back this Christmas, please consider volunteering for the Salvos. With your generous donation of time, we can make sure we leave no one in need.
Current Christmas volunteering opportunities
To find suitable Christmas activities for your state/area, please click select your location from the list below for available opportunities. If you don't find something straight away, please check back regularly. We will update as opportunities become available, please check back later as we will update this page when opportunities become available.
- Christmas is our busiest time of the year and demand for volunteer opportunities is high
- Due to COVID-19, volunteer opportunities are significantly reduced this year
- All known Christmas opportunities will also be listed on Seek Volunteer
- If you come across an opportunity you like, please express interest early to avoid disappointment
- Due to the high volume of interest, we may take some time to respond to your expression of interest
- Our Christmas opportunities go live in mid-late November/early December, so make sure you check regularly
You can also get involved in other ways and give back this Christmas