The Salvation Army provides services in Western Australia to support women facing family and domestic violence.
The Graceville Centre has three services offering help for women who need assistance following family and domestic violence incidents or are homeless due to such incidents.
Byanda: provides accommodation for women and their children escaping family and domestic violence.
Nunyara: accommodates six women who are unaccompanied by
Both refuges are staffed 24 hours a day to ensure the complete protection of all. Phone: 08 9328 7284
Community and Outreach Service: Our community outreach worker supports women who are in abusive relationships in the community and cannot or will not at this moment leave. The Positive Lifestyle Program
If you need someone to speak with please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9328 8529 Monday to Friday
On Tuesday morning at the
For information about these services please ring 08 9328 8529
The Salvation Army operates a Refuge in Karratha.
If you are a victim of Domestic Violence or you are concerned for someone who is please contact, in
For more information please contact 08 9185 2807
Warning signs quiz
Does your partner, boyfriend,
- Make you feel uncomfortable or afraid?
- Constantly check up on where you are going and who you are seeing?
- Make you be afraid to disagree or say no to them.
- Scare or hurt you by being violent, choking you or smashing things.
- Pressure or force you to do sexual things that you don’t want to do
- Often put you down and make you feel worthless or humiliated.
- Stop you from having medical assistance
- Tell you how the household finances should be spent or prevent you having any money
- Threaten to hurt you or kill themselves if you say you want to end the relationship.
- Try to stop you seeing your friends and/or family
- Have your children seen or heard these things or been hurt themselves.
If you have answered yes to more than one of these, then these are signs that you being treated improperly or that you are being abused.
If you do not feel safe or respected then something isn’t right.
We want to help you talk through how you feel and help you develop a plan to make yourself safe. Our outreach worker is available to help. Call the number below or write an email to us.
Phone: 08 93288529 (out of hours staff will take a message)