The Salvation Army URL has changed to salvationarmy.org.auFind out more
In 1837, an explorer found excellent grazing land in an area now known as Koonung Creek. Further south were gentle hills extending to a runnel known as Gardiner’s Creek. It was in this vicinity that the City of Box Hill grew.
It was January 11, 1891 when The Salvation Army came to Box Hill with their banners, flags and drum, to proclaim the Gospel to the people as they marched along the White Horse road on a hot summer’s morning, to their rented premises at 1020 White Horse road.
Since 1891, The Box Hill Salvation Army Corps has been serving their local community, telling and showing the good news of what Jesus has done for all people, and how we should live for others.