Previously known as Housing Information and Referral (HIR)
Provides an immediate response and an entry point to the homelessness service system
Offers assistance with:
- Crisis and short term housing
- Access to long term housing
- Housing information
- Referral to support services in South Gippsland, Bass Coast and Baw Baw Shires
IAP can assist you if you are:
- At risk of becoming homeless
- In need of general housing information
- General Housing Information
- Information on public and community housing
- Information and assistance with early housing applications
- Information and assistance with Office of Housing bond loans
To access our IAP services you can either telephone to make an appointment or drop into our office at Leongatha or Warragul. The receptionist will clarify what you are seeking and put you at ease.
Outreach appointments can be made for Wonthaggi but you need to telephone the Leongatha office to make an appointment for this service. You can also have a telephone appointment if you are unable to come to the offices or outreach locations.
At your IAP appointment the worker will explain their role and how they may be able to assist. They will also explain the agency’s confidentiality and duty of care policies. The worker will encourage you to explain your situation, what you need and the numbers of members in your household.
Initial assessment focuses on assistance to maintain current housing (where appropriate), options for crisis accommodation, other immediate homelessness related needs and risks, and options for medium and long-term housing.
The worker will help establish what is most important for you, determine what must be done first and clarify what must be done today.
Interim response may be necessary when there are no appropriate or available resources. The worker will stay in contact with you, assist with housing applications, arrange referrals