Catherine Booth College
Induction in Theological Studies Registration Form
Catherine Booth College provides the Australia Southern Territory of The Salvation Army with integrated and coordinated learning, training and development services.
- It responds to the needs of officers, soldiers, cadets, employees and volunteers of The Salvation Army.
- It provides or accesses education programmes where a centralised resource is the effective and efficient option.
- It supports, guides, coordinates and expertly reviews the education endeavours of individual departments, divisions, corps and centres.
To see our people actively and enthusiastically engaged in relevant, high-quality learning and development opportunities – leading to more effective mission, and increased personal fulfilment.
Our Governance and Organisation
The college is organised into three schools and one department:
The School for Officer Training led by the Training Principal:
- Prepares cadets for commissioning as officers of The Salvation Army;
- Provides the compulsory learning programs for candidates and envoys;
- Supports the development of newly commissioned officers.
The School for Christian Studies led by the Dean of Studies:
- Provides accredited theological studies as a college of the University of Divinity;
- Provides part of the cadet learning requirements;
- Is open to all officers, employees and soldiers as well as the community at large.
The School for Learning and Development led by the Director:
- Actively identifies ongoing learning needs of our personnel (except in the focus area of the other two schools);
- Directly provides learning experiences in priority areas;
- Works to enhance the widespread training and development activities of other Salvation Army departments and centres.
The Officer Development Department led by the Secretary for Officer Development.
The department is part of the School for Learning & Development. It resources and administers the particular learning and development requirements of Salvation Army officers.
Two key committees guide and support the work of the college.
- The Catherine Booth College Strategic Development Council provides consistent review, long term direction and expert policy planning for all the territory’s learning and development activities, both within and outside the college.
- The Catherine Booth College Board of Studies is the approving authority for courses and related matters within the college. It critically reviews training across the territory.