Kalgoorlie-Boulder Youth Accommodation Service
Statement of Purpose: "Kalgoorlie-Boulder Youth Accommodation Service (KBYAS) exists to provide accommodation and assistance for homeless youth and youth at risk, in order to facilitate independent living, the building of self-esteem and personal growth."
We are a government funded service which is administered by The Salvation Army. The daily running of the service is performed by youth workers.
KBYAS offers a 24-hour service to young people aged 15-24 years and their families, in order to provide:
- Emergency, overnight and short-term supported accommodation for up to 3 months for homeless young people and youth at risk.
- Regular and ongoing support to young people and families.
- An opportunity to learn independent living skills and
- An environment that is conducive to change.
- Information and referral service to young people and their families.
Accommodation: We provide:
- Emergency, overnight, and crisis accommodation for up to 3 months for homeless young people. The cost is $10 per night and includes meals.
toyoung people and their families.
- Support to young people living independently in the community.
- A cottage for young people in transition to complete independent living.
KBYAS is only five minutes walk from most major shops and services. We have six rooms and both the male and female bathrooms have a bath. There is air conditioning for the
For a small refundable deposit young people can have a key to their rooms.
Clients are encouraged to participate in the centre's activities and programs.
During the day young people can enjoy:
- recreational activities at a local gym
- visit local sites of interest
Who can contact K.B.Y.A.S. for help? Just about anyone!!!
- Young people
- Schools - chaplains, students, welfare coordinators
- Department of Family and Children's Services
- Ministry of justice
- Youth Workers
- Church Groups - clergy, members
- Hospital, doctors
- Extended family members
- Sexual assault referral centre
How to make contact with K.B.Y.A.S.
Feel free to phone the KBYAS and speak to one of the Youth Workers about your needs and concerns.
KBYAS is staffed 24 hours a day and the worker on duty will discuss your concerns with you and if needed make a time to meet for an interview regarding the possibility of a placement at KBYAS.
If a placement at KBYAS is not the most suitable response to the referral and the worker feels another agency or service would be more appropriate for help, the Youth Worker will help you make contact with that agency.
10 Park Street
PO box 10780
Kalgoorlie WA 6433
Phone: (08) 90911016
Fax: (08) 90915256