Private Rental Assistance Program
SalvoConnect Western in partnership with Uniting Wimmera and Brophy Family & Youth Services deliver the private rental assistance program across the Department of Health and Human Services’ Wimmera South West Area which is comprised of the following local government areas:
- City of Warrnambool
- Shire of Moyne
- Corangamite Shire
- Shire of Glenelg
- Shire of Southern Grampians
- Rural City of Horsham
- Shire of West Wimmera
- Shire of Hindmarsh
- Shire of Yarriambiack
- Shire of Northern Grampians
What is the Private Rental Assistance Program?
The Private Rental Assistance Program provides people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with financial and practical assistance to help them establish and/or maintain rental tenancies. Assistance is also available to people living in social housing who are willing, and have the financial capacity, to secure and sustain a private rental tenancy.
The Private rental assistance program is targeted to households who will be able to sustain private rental housing with limited support and who are:
- Are at risk of losing their current tenancy – for example, due to a personal crisis, short term financial difficulties, rent arrears, tenancy dispute etc.
- Are currently homeless but can be rapidly and sustainably rehoused in the private rental market with short term assistance and support.
- Could sustain affordable and appropriate housing in the private rental market but need assistance with the transition from crisis, transitional or social housing settings.
Referral to the Private Rental Assistance Program is through any of the Opening Doors homelessness access points across the Wimmera Southwest Area.
SalvoConnect Warrnambool (25 years+ age group): Contact: 03 5564 9111
SalvoConnect Portland (25 years+ age group): Contact: 03 5522 1480
SalvoConnect Hamilton (cross target age group): Contact: 03 5572 5822
Brophy Family & Youth Services (under 25 age group for Warrnambool and Portland): Contact: 03 5561 8888
Uniting Wimmera Horsham (cross target age group): Contact: 1800 195 114