The Salvation Army URL has changed to salvationarmy.org.auFind out more
Our Church Family meets each Sunday morning at 09:30 am for worship. Except for months with 5 Sundays. On the 5th Sunday we join together with other Churches in Gympie to worship in unity at different locations. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details.
A typical Sunday morning includes a variety of music (from classic hymns to contemporary worship songs), Scripture Readings, a Message and Prayer. Our music is played by the brass band, piano, electric guitar, music videos or a combination of elements. The service runs for approximately 1 hour and is followed by morning tea.
We encourage our members to give financially to the Church but do not have a typical offering during the service. Instead there is a basket at the exit for those who wish to contribute to the ongoing work of the Church.
While we don't currently have a Sunday School or Kids Program during the Church service, we welcome all ages. We understand that bringing kids to church can be daunting, but we love having children in our Church and they are welcome to wiggle and giggle during the service.
Dee and Zak are the Corps Officers of our Church. Which is just the Salvo way to say Pastors or Ministers. They have 3 boys and are passionate about seeing families experience the peace, joy and hope that can only be found in Jesus.
There are eleven foundational doctrines of The Salvation Army. These are statements of what we believe.
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
3. We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
4. We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
5. We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocency, but by their disobedience they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
7. We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
8. We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
9. We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
10. We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgement at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
The Salvation Army in the Gympie Region is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus.
We share the love of Jesus by:
This mission is the forefront of all we do through our Faith Expressions, Retails Stores and Social Services. This is critical for us to be able to achieve our vision:
Wherever there is hardship or injustice, Salvos will live, love and fight alongside others to transform Australia one life at a time with the love of Jesus.
Recognising that God is already at work in the world, we value:
We commit ourselves in prayer and practice to this land of Australia and its people, seeking reconciliation, unity