State Social Command Victoria provides The Salvation Army with a single voice on matters of policy, service provision and program funding. The Service is made up of many different social programs and is responsible for program areas such as homelessness, family violence, residential care, youth services and alcohol and drug support.
SalvoCare Eastern is the local expression of State Social Command Victoria and provides programs within a stream structure encompassing Youth Services, Homelessness and Support Services, AOD Services, Out of Home Care, Chaplaincy and Courts and Prisons and Business Administration.
SalvoCare Eastern has 80 cost centres operating out of 25 locations across Eastern Metropolitan, Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland. All accounting and payroll functions are performed at the central finance hub located at Rowville.
This exciting opportunity will be involved in SalvoCare Eastern management regarding general financial information, asset management support, oversees the completion of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll work and assists in the delivery of financial administration activities. This position will be responsible for supervision of three Finance Officers.
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Have a degree in accounting or business field and relevant experience
• Have knowledge of payroll and social services finance processes high regarded
• Have demonstrated experience in accounting, financial reporting, and asset management systems
• Have experience supervising staff
• Handle finances and records accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures
• Understand the requirements of legislation applicable to finance, including GST and FBT
• Have advanced computer skills including MS Office suite and accounting software applications
• Be proactive, self-motivated and displays an optimistic approach to work
• Convey information effectively – verbally and in writing
• Have a current police check or willing to undergo a police check (essential)
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential (if applicable)
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a full time position (38 hours per week) ongoing commencing 1 February 2018. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 6.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the personal and Job competencies and a current CV and submit to email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number SC138.
CLOSING DATE: 19th January 2018