Supporting young people leaving care
The SalvoCare Eastern Leaving care program is aimed at achieving better outcomes for young people aged between 16 and 21 years, who are leaving or who have exited out of-home care. This is achieved by:
- assisting them in setting up and maintaining appropriate accommodation
- development of independent life skills
- assisting young people into employment or training opportunities and their preparation and readiness for this
- providing linkages to appropriate supports for successful transition for these young people including linking to appropriate mentors to support them through their journey
- Brokerage may be available to assist in transitioning to independent living
The Leaving Care Program assists young people to develop healthy community links, including employment, training, recreational and other services identified on an individual basis to enhance their opportunities for a positive experience transitioning to independent living.
Access to the Leaving Care Program is subject to eligibility and/or via DHS referral.