The Thrift Shop supports the people of the Greater Shepparton region. Why not drop in, say hello, and see what we may have for you from our large range of quality goods at awesome prices!
What happens to our profit?
All profits from our shop stay local, supporting various programs of the Salvation Army such as: community meals, outreach, visitation, and pastoral / social support to the community.
What is the difference between our Thrift Shop and Salvos Stores?
Our thrift shop is independent from the Salvo Stores chain and owned by the Salvation Army Shepparton Corps, meaning all donations and financial profits stay local. Salvos Stores are a chain store where profits are used state and country wide.
How can I donate goods to the thrift shop?
Donations can be made to our shop at 3 Mill Street, Mooroopna, during business hours, or 24/7 at our donation bin at the Salvation Army building on the corner of Nixon and Orr Streets in Shepparton (the bin is on the Orr Street side). For larger items please contact our shop on (03) 5825 4308 for more information.
What to donate
- Quality and clean furniture
- Complete wooden be frames
- CD's, DVD's and Videos
What not to donate
Due to Occupational Health and Safety / Duty of Care Legislation, the Thrift Shop cannot accept or offer for sale the following items:
- Stained, torn or broken mattresses and bases
- Stained, torn or broken soft furnishings, including – lounge suites, chairs, rugs, mats, curtains etc.
- Carpets and Underfelt
- White Goods – e.g. fridges, freezers, washing machines and dryers
- Broken furniture / incomplete goods
- Computers, printers and associated parts
- Gas, electric or oil heaters
- Gas or electric cook tops or ovens
- Car parts
- Building materials
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Gas or Electric BBQ
- Motorcycle / Bicycle helmets
- Baby Cots, Port-a-cots, Bassinettes, Playpens, Walkers or High Chairs*
- Children’s car seats, booster seats and baby capsules
- Infants nightwear and jump suits that are not fire rated (must have red fire rating attached)
- Safety belts and children’s restraints
- Swing sets
- Washing lines