YOUTH & FAMILY CRISIS ACCOMODATION PROGRAM
Youth and Family Services work in partnership with young people to address the issues contributing to their unique experience of crisis and homelessness. We work within an integrated model of therapeutic care and provide case management support with a focus on:
- early intervention and maintenance of links to existing positive support
- intensive life and independent living skills
- health and wellbeing support
- parenting and family support
- education pathways and engagement
- actively promoting meaningful use of time
- long term sustainable housing options
Upton Road Accommodation and Learning Centre provides stable, safe accommodation and a learning environment within a 24 hour refuge setting. Young people are actively engaged in program activities during their 6-10 week stay.
Longer term intensive case management support is provided by the Youth and Family Outreach Program which works with young people on issues such as problematic substance use, health & mental health, income support, life and living skills, family breakdown and violence, pregnancy and parenting issues, education pathways and legal support.
YOUTH PRIVATE RENTAL ACCESS PROGRAM
The Youth Private Rental Access Program assists young people and families:
- to establish or maintain an independent or shared private rental tenancy
- with tenancy and housing education through workshops individual information sessions
- with brokerage assistance
A Private Rental Access worker is available to assist young people to secure private rental accomodation. Please access the following documents:
Access – When and Where?
4B Upton Road St Kilda 3182
Please note: all referrals for accommodation are made through the Opening Doors Housing Resource Register or after hours via the Crisis Contact Centre.
Ph: 8517 5800
Free call: 1800 627 727
- Budget Planner
- RentRight - a free mobile app with information and tools to help renters in Victoria manage their tenancy.