From a hot meal or food parcel, to accommodation, employment and skills training – our support services address the short, medium and long-term needs of people and communities.
Because we can make a difference
Because tens of thousands of Australians will be homeless tonight, because too many families are struggling to put food on the table, because domestic violence is destroying families, because millions are affected by disasters, famine and poverty every day.
The reasons for helping are as diverse as the ways we offer help.
This is a snapshot of the work we’ve done in just one year:
- Operated 749 social programmes/activities;
- Provided 671,382 episodes* of care across all our social programmes;
- Provided 132,358 episodes of support for people experiencing immediate financial difficulty;
- Distributed 260,575 vouchers to people in need;
- Provided 189,851 episodes of emergency and material aid support (including case management);
- Provided 37,892 episodes of specialised financial counselling to assist people in financial crisis;
- Provided 32,961 episodes of care to people experiencing family violence;
- Supported 12,009 people seeking assistance identified as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Supported 61,587 people who were homeless, or at risk of homelessness (including 10,946 children).
* An episode or occasion refers to a contact on a single day of support
Details taken from The Salvation Army's 2017 Annual Report
Donate now or call 13 SALVOS (13 72 58), and you can help us make a difference today so people less fortunate can look forward to tomorrow.