From a hot meal or food parcel, to accommodation, employment and skills training – our support services address the short, medium and long-term needs of people and communities.
Because we can make a difference
Because tens of thousands of Australians will be homeless tonight, because too many families are struggling to put food on the table, because domestic violence is destroying families, because millions are affected by disasters, famine and poverty every day.
The reasons for helping are as diverse as the ways we offer help.
This is a snapshot of the work we’ve done in just one year:
- Operated 712 support services;
- Provided 608,720 episodes* of care across our support services;
- Provided 130,258 episodes of support to people experiencing immediate financial difficulty;
- Distributed 278,826 vouchers to people in need;
- Provided 168,369 episodes of emergency and material aid support;
- Provided 29,019 episodes of specialised financial counselling to assist people in financial crisis;
- Provided 33,479 episodes of care to people experiencing family violence;
- Supported 10,759 people seeking assistance identified as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Provided 219,020 occasions* of support for people who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
* An episode or occasion refers to a contact on a single day of support
Details taken from The Salvation Army's 2016 Annual Report
Donate now or call 13 SALVOS (13 72 58), and you can help us make a difference today so people less fortunate can look forward to tomorrow.