Make your own Festive Party Bags
Paper party favour bags (available in a variety of sizes) are a great solution for small, hard-to-wrap gifts and can be easily given your individual touch. Purchase patterned bags or plain-coloured bags, depending on how you plan to decorate.
- Check the item you want to wrap fits well inside the bag. Take note of how the item sits so you can decorate accordingly – for instance, you may want to position a bow at the top of the bulkiest part of the bag.
- Remove the item. It’s much easier to decorate the bag while it is flat on a table.
- Decorate the bag. Tie a bow from a strip of ribbon and fasten to the outside of the bag using double-sided sticky tape, sticky tape folded over on itself or a dab of craft glue or use a hole punch and tie the ribbon through the hole.
- Place your item into your decorated bag. Seal closed, either at the top or across the back, with sticky tape or a coordinated sticker – plain or festive.
- Shop around to find the best prices for your gift-wrapping supplies at supermarkets, discount variety stores and craft supply shops.
Photo credit: Jordan Watson