Engaging with older people at Christmas
Engaging with older relatives can be difficult for some people - so we have made a list of ways to easily connect with them.
- Find out what is already planned in your community for older people this Christmas – you and your family may be able to become involved.
- Call or visit an older person that you know, ask them if they need help with Christmas shopping or transport to and from Christmas events.
- Deliver a gift to older neighbours in your street, make sure they are invited and welcomed to any street parties or community social events you are involved in.
- Invite an older neighbour or friend to accompany your family to your local Christmas carol event.
- Older people still wish to feel useful – involve your older neighbours, friends or family in any volunteering that you are doing this Christmas.
- If you attend church, invite an older friend, neighbour or family member to attend with you on Christmas Day.