Keeping children safe
We are a child safe organisation
Policies and procedures are not enough to keep children safe and well in organisational settings. A child safe organisation is one that creates a culture, adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation who consciously and systematically:
- Creates an environment where children’s safety and wellbeing is the centre of thought, values and actions.
- Places emphasis on genuine engagement with and valuing of children.
- Creates conditions that reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people.
- Creates conditions that increase the likelihood of identifying any harm.
- Responds to any concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm.