The Salvation Army has a proud record of involvement with disaster relief and projects which assist communities in developing countries.
Through our global network we have been able to address community needs impacting economic, social and environmental concerns.
In recent times, the Salvos have helped victims and aid workers in the recovery process in Japan, Christchurch, Haiti, Pakistan, and Sichuan and other disaster areas.
These tasks include:
- Distributing food and water to survivors, including hot meals and water and clothes.
- Providing medical care, including giving injections to prevent disease.
- Supplying financial relief
- Giving temporary shelter to survivors of earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes.
- Rebuilding houses and boats, long after the media has returned home and forgotten about the ongoing struggles of survivors.
- Meeting with community officials and victims to gauge the situation and offer feedback.
If you would like to know more about our program, you can call us on Ph: 61 3 8878 4500 OR mail us at PO Box 479, Blackburn Victoria (3130).