Homelessness and Support Services is a network of programs and related services which aim to provide services to people who present with a range and combination of multiple and complex needs, which may include homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, family violence and health related issues.
The Housing Programs assists young people, single adults and families with a holistic, case managed response to access housing and to address the issues that have contributed to their situation.
The programs provide crisis contact, case managed outreach, information, assessment, referral, brokerage and access to a range of accommodation and support options appropriate to the varying specific needs of individual service users in their transition to independent living.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Team Leader to lead a team of case managers and Initial Assessment and Planning workers within Housing Support. This position provides direct program leadership, supervision and management of staff whilst ensuring service delivery targets are achieved and funding body requirements are met.
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Have Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Sciences, Welfare, Psychology or Community
• Have development and relevant experience of managing homelessness / housing programs is preferred
• Have knowledge of theories of human development and how they impact on current day approaches and interventions in the social services sector
• Have experience in the provision of clinical program and administrative supervision across a range of programs
• Encourage and cooperate with others to achieve common goals
• Be proactive and self-motivated
• Foster productive working relationships and team well-being
• Be able to encourage reflective, evidence based practice and innovative thinking
• Have a current police check or willing to undergo a police check (essential)
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential (if applicable)
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week ongoing. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social Stream, Level 6. This position is located in Leongatha.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the personal and Job competencies and a current CV and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number SCE007.
CLOSING DATE: 5th April 2018