Homelessness and Support Services is a network of programs and related services which aim to provide services to people who present with a range and combination of multiple and complex needs, which may include homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, family violence and health related issues.
The Men’s Behaviour Change Program focuses on close partnerships with The Victoria Police as well as various state government programs, including services for women and children, No To Violence, Men’s Referral Service and The Department of Justice and Regulation. The Men’s Behaviour Change Program is governed by No To Violence and The Men’s Referral Service.
The aim of the program is to promote the safety of women and children, whilst holding men accountable for their use of violence and challenging their beliefs and attitudes.
We are seeking an experienced Partner Contact Facilitator/Intake to provide support to women and children who have experienced or are currently experiencing family violence. This position will also be responsible for managing The Men’s Behaviour Change Intake, prioritizing referrals and making contact with the men to offer the service.
You will work from a feminist perspective, empowering women and understanding the challenges that they are faced with, as a result of their experience of family violence
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Have a tertiary Qualification in Social Work/ Social Sciences or related fields (essential)
• Have experience working in the Family Violence or Counselling sectors (desirable)
• Have knowledge of the physical, emotional, psychological and behavioural impact of trauma and abuse
• Understand and apply FDV models, approaches, theories and practices when dealing with clients
• Be able to educate and assist clients with regards to their rights, roles, responsibilities, including participation and empowerment strategies
• Set a clear path/goals and manages time to achieve key outcomes
• Be able to remain calm, focused and maintains perspective when faced with change, crisis and difficulty
• Have a current police check or willing to undergo a police check (essential)
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential (if applicable)
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a part time position, 22.8 hours per week fixed term for 12 months. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social Stream, Level 5. This position is located in Leongatha.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the specialist competencies and a current CV and submit to email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number SCE006.
CLOSING DATE: 5th April 2018