The Bridge Programme is a live-in 16 week recovery program for men and women with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change. The Salvation Army auspices The Bridge Program, supported by a caring and professional staff who uphold the ideals and values of The Salvation Army in their work.
A combination of individual case management and support, group work, life skills, self-awareness, spiritual awareness and staff role modelling are used to encourage participants to make significant life changes. The possibility of a transformed life is fundamental to our philosophy.
Services are available to both voluntary clients and clients who are required (mandated) to undertake rehabilitation by Courts or Corrections.
The facility is located in The Basin at the foot of the Dandenongs and accommodates up to 40 clients within its 130+ acre rural setting. For more information about The Bridge Programme please visit http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/en/Find-Us/Victoria/the-bridge-programme/Who-we-are/.
We are seeking an experienced individual to coordinate the Intake and Assessment of incoming referrals from external AOD services through individual screening and comprehensive assessment of clients wishing to access The Bridge Programme.
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Cert IV in AOD, or the four core competencies required (or working towards) to work within AOD experience in AOD
• Extensive experience working within the AOD sector
• Use appropriate information, tools and techniques to gather and analyse information
• Use appropriate risk models to assess levels of risk, harm and well-being, including immediate risk
• Work effectively with people who exhibit multiple/compounded service needs and/or are chronically disadvantaged
• Have demonstrated knowledge of AOD sector including role, context, , principles, philosophies, policies, regulations and legislation
• Have a current police check (within last 3 months) preferable
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social stream, Level 5.
As a valued employee of The Salvation Army you will have access to EAP for you and your family, salary packaging benefits and corporate rates for Private Health Cover.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the personal and Job competencies and a current CV and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number SC128.
Closes: 20 November 2017