HEAD OF POLICY, RESEARCH & SOCIAL JUSTICE
- National responsibility for Policy, Research & Social Justice streams
- Newly created leadership role
Over the past year The Salvation Army (TSA) has been working towards joining the two existing Eastern and Southern territories into one unified organisation under the leadership of a National Commander. This will deliver a single Australia territory with an aligned vision, united voice, stronger partnerships, better stewardship, and the ability to make an even greater impact on the many people who depend upon its services.
The Head of Policy, Research & Social Justice will report to the National Secretary for Mission and be responsible for providing leadership in the areas of Policy, Research and Social Justice through the strategic development and management of a team who respond to the identified needs of The Salvation Army.
Key areas of accountability include
- Strategy – Work with the team to develop and propose a national strategy for Social Policy, Research, and Social Justice
- Operational Management and Collaboration– Manage the team to develop tools that measure outcomes of programs and services and meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Advocacy and Relationship Development - Develop strong and trusted relationships with the Commonwealth Government and other relevant national bodies
- Stakeholder management – regular communication and active engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
- People leadership – Lead and inspire a team who are outcome focussed and influential
For this pivotal role you must have extensive experience in a leadership role and at least 10 years experience in not for profit or government sectors related to TSA’s fields of service provision. You will have postgraduate qualifications in Applied Research/ Social Policy or another relevant discipline. A qualification in theology or ministry is desirable.
The position will be located in Melbourne and require interstate travel.
A full position description can be downloaded from the 'download' link above. For questions about the role or to have a position description sent to you please contact Sheridan Messenger on (02) 9266 3036.
To apply for the position please submit your resume and cover letter via this link: https://salvos.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=BrH1e3xzd/k=&jbc=ere.
Closing date for applications is 14 October 2017.