The Bridge Programme is a live-in 16 week recovery program for men and women with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change. The Salvation Army auspices The Bridge Program, supported by a caring and professional staff who uphold the ideals and values of The Salvation Army in their work.
A combination of individual case management and support, group work, life skills, self-awareness, spiritual awareness and staff role modelling are used to encourage participants to make significant life changes. The possibility of a transformed life is fundamental to our philosophy.
Services are available to both voluntary clients and clients who are required (mandated) to undertake rehabilitation by Courts or Corrections.
The facility is located in The Basin at the foot of the Dandenongs and accommodates up to 40 clients within its 130+ acre rural setting. For more information about The Bridge Programme please visit http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/en/Find-Us/Victoria/the-bridge-programme/Who-we-are/.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of an integral AOD team. You will be supporting clients through development and implementation of suitable care plans consisting of individual and group interventions.
• Be willing to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Undergraduate studies in AOD or related field with Core AOD units
• Undergraduate studies in Mental Health with experience in Mental Health an advantage
• High level of understanding of AOD approaches and theories with application skills
• Substantial experience with the development and delivery of care plans with clients
• Ability to facilitate quality group sessions
• Current CPR and First Aid certificate
• Have a current police check (within last 3 months) preferable
• Have a current Working With Children Check is essential
• Have a current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
• Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social stream, Level 5.
As a valued employee of The Salvation Army you will have access to EAP for you and your family, salary packaging benefits and corporate rates for Private Health Cover.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the personal and Job competencies and a current CV and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number SC125.
Closes: 20 November 2017