Salvos Christmas Rush
In December, The Salvation Army assists three times more people compared to any other month. Our research shows that at Christmas, 55% of our clients can’t afford presents for family and friends and nearly 30% have no one to share a meal with on Christmas Day.
Last Christmas, with your support, we were able to provide:
- 8,000 meals on Christmas Day to people with nowhere to go;
- 300,000 individuals and families with practical assistance over the Christmas and New Year period;
- 2,000 beds during the week of Christmas;
- hundreds of thousands of gifts and hampers to brighten someone’s Christmas; and
- counselling sessions to help ease financial stress on families going into the new year.
The Salvation Army in Melbourne put on Christmas lunch for more than 200 homeless and vulnerable people – watch this video to go behind the scenes:
Loading the player ...