Red Shield Appeal Weekend Is Here!
This weekend, an army of volunteers will flood the streets of Australia for The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal Weekend (27th - 28th May 2017), with the aim to raise $8 million nationally to ‘give hope where it’s needed the most’.
- The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal will kick off this weekend on Saturday 27th - Sunday 28th May 2017
- 60,000 volunteers will be knocking on doors and collecting in high traffic areas across the country
- The Salvos call on Australians to dig deep and give generously to the Red Shield Appeal in an effort to raise $8 million nationally to ‘give hope where it’s needed most’
- The Salvation Army is conducting the largest activation of Tap & Donate functionality by a charity in Australia this weekend - allowing Aussies to make cashless donations
- All funds raised from the Appeal go directly to the Salvos social and community service programs
Residents are encouraged to dig deep and give generously to smiling volunteers this weekend for the Red Shield Appeal at public collection points, shopping centres or their front door.
To cater to the ever increasing demand of cashless payments, The Salvation Army have introduced the first and largest paywave donation drive with 550 static ‘Tap & Donate Doors’ during the Doorknock Weekend enablng customers to donate with their digital devices. A total of 550 Tap & Donate doors will be distributed throughout Australia in high traffic areas.
The Salvation Army’s spokesperson Major Mark Soeters said that the Red Shield Appeal is critical in raising funds to continue providing assistance and support more than one million Australians who are going through times of crisis and are in challenging personal circumstances.
The Red Shield Appeal is The Salvation Army’s main fundraising drive and all funds raised go directly to social programs offered to Australians experiencing crisis and disadvantage. The Salvos aim to raise $8 million on the weekend of 27 – 28 May to help ‘give hope where it’s needed most’.
You can donate to the Red Shield Appeal Doorknock by:
- calling 13 SALVOS (137258)
- donating online at salvationarmy.org.au
- donating at a Tap & Donate door in your local area
- donating in person at any Westpac branch
- posting your cheque to PO Box 9888 in your capital city