Our purpose at Heathridge Salvos is to be Christ’s ambassadors in worship and service. This means that we gather together each Sunday to learn from God and then during the week we serve our community.
When you come to our Sunday morning celebration you will hear great music, see interesting media, hear a short message, your children will be invited to join in fun activities with other children, and you will meet friendly people over a cuppa. There is no requirement to wear anything different than when you visit a friend’s house. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions or perhaps be prayed for, if you desire. You will not be singled out but you will be warmly welcomed.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
National Mission Statement
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus.
We share the love of Jesus by:
Caring for People:
- Being there when people need us most
- We offer care and compassion as a sacred encounter with transformative potential
Creating faith pathways:
- Taking a holistic approach to the human condition that values spirituality
- We graciously share the Good News of Jesus and grow in faith together
Building healthy communities:
- Investing ourselves in relationships that promote mutual flourishing
- We find the wholeness God intends for us in community
Working for justice:
- Tackling the social systems that harm creation and strip away human dignity
- We join God’s work to build a fairer world where all can thrive
Red Shield Appeal
Each year The Salvation Army across Australia collect funds for the RED SHIELD APPEAL in the last week of May. These funds are used to support all our community work including our Doorways (welfare) Centres, Drug and Alcohol Rehab, and Housing.
There are many ways you can collect, from door-to-door collecting, Shopping Centre collecting, small fundraising events or even helping to cooking sausages at Bunnings.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We need people to not only give of their money generously towards this valuable appeal, but we need people to donate their time. Would you have two hours to give to The Salvation Army and help us collect these much needed funds? Would you have a group of friends or family members who might be able to help you do this?
Each year we need to raise over $20,000 and we can't do it without our valued volunteers.