The South Barwon Salvation Army has opened two Thrift Shops (Second Hand Stores).
What happens to our profit?
10% is donated back to South Barwon Salvation Army for use in local and international projects. 10% is donated back to The Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters for resources and support centers.
After these deductions, all the profit is then used in the following areas:
- Community Projects
- Breakfast programs at Oberon High School and Oberon Primary School
- Community Music Program for 45 Local Primary School students who learn brass instruments free of charge
- One80 our youth drop-in centre located in our basement.
- Kids club run fortnightly for Primary School students.
What is the difference between our Thrift Shop and Salvos Stores?
We are independent and owned by The Salvation Army South Barwon, and our money stays locally. Salvos Stores are a chain and their profits are used state and country wide.
How can I donate to the Thrift Shop?
Donating is easy, and most welcome! We accept the following:
- Small furniture
- Toys, Bikes, etc.
- For Larger items such as Furniture, Beds, etc, Phone 5248 3829
Drop in, say hello, and see what we have to offer you!
Would you like to join us as a cheerful and friendly volunteer, then please contact either shop for further details. Days and hours to suit everyone.