Support for Families at Risk
What we aim to do: Reduce the impact of homelessness on families and children. Reduce the number of families being evicted from their secure housing. Reduce the number of families re-entering the homelessness service system and reduce family transience.
Who is eligible?
- Indigenous families and children
- Young parents and children
- Parents and / or children with disabilities
- Families from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
Client access to the Support for Families at Risk will be required to meet HASS standards.
Location of services: Hume Region
More about this service: Support provided may include:
- Assisting Families to establish and maintain tenancies
- Assisting to increase/strengthen links for Families and Children to community support and resources, including financial counselling services, education, training and employment
- Assisting in the area of ‘strengthening parenting skills’ and develop effective strategies to build on the capacity of the family unit
- Improving pathways and opportunities for at risk families to access long-term housing opportunities, including improved access to private rental accommodation.
- Assist families to increase their engagement with education, community recreation and support opportunities for children who have been impacted by Homelessness
How to contact us:
Shepparton P.O. Box 7352
43A Wyndham St
Shepparton Vic 3632
Ph: 03 5833 1099
Fax: 03 5821 7627
Seymour P.O. Box 233
12 Tallarook St
Seymour Vic 3661
Ph: 03 5735 2055
Fax: 03 5799 2138
Office Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday – Friday