We would like to welcome you to come along the journey with us; A place where you can connect with a family of people and have a sense of belonging. We are a people of faith committed to loving God and others in creative and tangible ways. We achieve this through worshipping together each Sunday morning and remaining in contact through various group activities.
We meet regularly as a faith community to encourage one another, to learn, and to worship together. We have activities for all ages– children, youth, adults and seniors. Find out more here
Morwell is located in the central Gippsland region of Victoria 152km east of Melbourne. The corps celebrated its 60th corps anniversary in 2015.
When you come to our Sunday morning celebration you will hear great music from our corps musicians- piano/organ, songsters and brass band; there may be interesting media to view, hear a short inspirational scripture message, your children will be invited to join in fun activities with other children. You will meet friendly people over refreshments. There is no requirement to wear anything different than when you visit a friend’s house. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions or perhaps be prayed for, if you desire. You will not be singled out but you will be warmly welcomed.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus.
We share the love of Jesus by:
Caring for People:
- Being there when people need us most
- We offer care and compassion as a sacred encounter with transformative potential
Creating faith pathways:
- Taking a holistic approach to the human condition that values spirituality
- We graciously share the Good News of Jesus and grow in faith together
Building healthy communities:
- Investing ourselves in relationships that promote mutual flourishing
- We find the wholeness God intends for us in community
Working for justice:
- Tackling the social systems that harm creation and strip away human dignity
- We join God’s work to build a fairer world where all can thrive