6 Crompton Street, Soldier's Hill
PO Box 83N, BALLARAT VIC 3350
Phone: (03) 5329 1100
(03) 5329 1101 for Community House
Fax: (03) 5332 9910
Karinya offers a number of programs for pregnant women, and women and couples with children and families. These include:
- Program MEA - Emergency accommodation for women who are experiencing homelessness
- Program MaC - Medium term accommodation for young women , pregnant or with children
- Young Families Connected - Medium term accommodation for young couples, pregnant or with children
- Outreach service - ongoing support
- Children's services
- Child Care
- Community House
Becoming a Karinya Client
As with all agencies in Ballarat, we now receive our referrals by placing vacancies in a Resource Register which is situated in the building of the Uniting Care Outreach Centre. This is called Entry Point.
If you are looking for assistance with housing, please call 1800 825 955 or visit the Uniting Care Outreach Centre.
You will be seen by an Entry Point worker, who will assess your situation and make a referral to Karinya if we have vacancies listed. You will then be contacted by a caseworker from Karinya.
Outreach support is offered when women with children, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are unable to be provided with crisis or emergency accommodation.
Outreach clients will be engaged in a case plan and assisted to find affordable and secure accommodation.