Crossroads Youth and Family Services supports individuals and families, upholding their dignity, working to increase their social inclusion and economic opportunities, and advocating for initiatives that create a just community.
Southern Territory Mission Values
- Human dignity - We affirm the worth and capacity of all people.
- Justice - We promote healthy and whole relationships and good society.
- Hope - We work for reconciliation, healing and transformation for all people and creation.
- Compassion - We feel compelled to stand with and do something about another's suffering.
- Community - We build community and meet with God in our encounter with others.
Crossroads began in 1978 with the development of a youth refuge in Tranmere St, North Fitzroy. From this starting point grew a number of programs aimed at addressing the range of needs which arose through working with homeless young people. Crossroads pioneered responses in crisis care and referral, employment and training opportunities and supported accommodation, growing steadily over the next 20 years. In the late 1990s, a number of Salvation Army social service networks were redefined and the Crossroads Housing and Support Network passed on some of its services to the networks that have now become Adult Services and Crisis Services. At the same time, Crossroads was redefined with a focus on programs that were aimed at youth and families.
Where are we?
Crossroads services are located right across the North-West metropolitan region of Melbourne and the city, with the main office being located at 2/828 Sydney Road, Coburg North.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 931, Merlynston VIC 3058
For more information, please call reception on: 03 9353 1011