The Bridge Program
Residential Recovery Program for Alcohol and Drug Addiction
A live-in 16 week recovery program for men and women with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change. The Salvation Army auspices The Bridge Program, supported by a caring and professional staff who uphold the ideals and values of The Salvation Army in their work.
The Service operates within the Salvation Army philosophy and values which include:
- Respecting human dignity - We affirm the worth and capacity of all people.
- Justice - We promote health and whole relationships, and good society.
- Hope - We work for reconciliation, healing and transformation for all people and creation.
- Compassion - We feel compelled to stand with and do something about another’s suffering.
- Community - We build community and meet with God in our encounter with others.
Services are provided in a safe environment which is free of alcohol and drugs.
Information and Assessment
To access The Bridge Program, prospective clients need to contact the Intake and Assessment Hub in the area where they live. For advice on this and help for substance addictions more generally (including phone support), ring DirectLine on 1800 888 236 or try the 'Service Finder' on DirectLine's website. Your application for The Bridge will not be able to proceed until you have completed an assessment through one of the Hubs.
For further information about Drug and Alcohol services in Victoria, try the Victorian Drug and Alcohol Association's 'Sector Reform - Information for Consumers' page.
49 Basin - Olinda Rd
The Basin VIC 3154
Ph: (03) 9762 1166
Fax: (03) 9762 5767
How to get to The Bridge Program
- Ventura Bus - Route 755 - from Knox City to Bayswater, via The Basin
- 755 Bus Route travels via the Boronia Train Station
- From the roundabout at The Basin Village Shopping Centre The Basin Centre is approximately 500 metres east along Basin-Olinda Road on the left hand side or northern side.
- Map 65:H7