How to get a job at Adult Services
How to write your best application
The applicant considered most capable of doing the job is selected. To decide this we look at your
- Standard of work and achievements
- Response to the Job Competencies
- Personal qualities.
We strive to build strong, competent and innovative teams, with staff committed to meeting the needs of our clients.
If you do not present your application well, you may not get an interview. To get an interview, your application must include 5 parts:
- A cover letter outlining the reasons for applying and how you suit the job
- A resume (also called curriculum vitae or CV), detailing your education and employment history and other relevant experience
- A response to each of the Job Competencies in the position description: this is extremely important if you want your application to be considered
- Names and phone numbers of two referees who can comment on your work skills
- A completed application form.
Qualifications from overseas
If your qualifications are from overseas, include copies of:
- All relevant qualifications, with English translations
- A statement of Australian equivalence for your qualification, or letter of recognition or result testing from a recognised assessing, registering and/or licensing body
- Academic transcripts.
Where do I send my application?
Send all 5 parts of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date.
When will you hear from us?
Because we receive a large number of job applications, we are unable to automatically reply when we receive your application. If you would like confirmation, please request one by email.
We will contact you if you are successful for interview.
Vacancies at Adult Services
Follow this link for the latest job vacanceis at The Salvation Army