What we offer
Primarily The Salvation Army is a church; a church with a social conscience that strives to express its love for God in practical ways.
When William and Catherine Booth started The Salvation Army more than 140 years ago, they started a church that ran a busy social services program, not a social service program that happened to include church services.
The Salvation Army Greenwith provides several opportunities each week for people to ‘worship’ in different ways.
Sunday | 10.30am | Church service
- The service goes for approx. 75 minutes, with contemporary Christian music, time for prayer and reflection, and a Bible message.
- There is a children’s segment followed by special worship activities for them (see below).
- Parents can take babies into an air-conditioned soundproof room at the back of the church hall and still see and hear the church service.
- The service is followed by morning tea and a time of fellowship together.
Several groups meet during the week to study the Bible or discuss Christian living or just to offer support to each other.
Please ask about these groups; they can be a great introduction to the church and the people.
There are several activities for children, from babies right through to 14 year olds.
Sunday | 10.30 am - 11.30 am | Kidz Church
- Part of the weekly church service.
- An opportunity to learn lessons from the life of Jesus (and elsewhere in the Bible) in a fun and relevant way.
- Games, puzzles, puppets, music and craft are all used to teach kids how to be the best they can be.
Monday | 9.30 am – 11.00 am | Playgroup
- A great time for parents/carers to get together while their pre-school aged children and babies play in a safe environment.
- The cost is $2 a week, plus a piece of fruit.
- The morning includes stories, music, play and coffee for the adults!
- Playgroup meets weekly during school terms.
There are opportunities for Christian fellowship throughout the week with a range of activities.
Thursday | 1 – 3 | Companion Club (off pension week)
- A chance for over-50’s to join in some fun activities, hear guest speakers, swap stories, and even go on the odd outing.
Friday | 10am | Prayer Meeting
Friday | 11am | Coffee and Chat