We would like to welcome you to come along the journey with us; A place where you can connect with a family of people and have a sense of belonging. We are a people of faith committed to honour God by bringing lives into harmony with Him and one another through social action, fellowship, discipleship and evangelism. We achieve this through meeting together each week (Sunday, 10:00am), remaining in contact with each other through the week (in small groups), private prayer and study, and community involvement.
We meet regularly as a faith community to encourage one another, to learn, and to worship together. We have different activities on during the week. Places to meet up with friends, have a cuppa or sandwich or paint together.
We are a family Church that reflects the Alice Springs community; a high percentage of families with young children, with most adults falling into the thirty to forty age bracket. The congregation love their worship and there is a big appreciation for contemporary worship. Prayer ministry for each other is highly valued.
Attenders are strongly committed to the vision of the Church. Most are involved in more than one Church activity each week. There is a major emphasis on community care and social justice issues. Attenders enjoy meeting new people at informal social activities and sharing the love of Jesus.
What is church like?
When you come to the Sunday morning celebration you will hear great music. including indigenous language songs, see interesting media, hear a short message, your children will be invited to join in fun activities with other children, and you will meet friendly people over refreshments. There is no requirement to wear anything different than when you visit a friend's house. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions or perhaps be prayed for, if you desire. You will not be singled out but you will be warmly welcomed.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus.
We share the love of Jesus by:
Caring for People:
- Being there when people need us most
- We offer care and compassion as a sacred encounter with transformative potential
Creating faith pathways:
- Taking a holistic approach to the human condition that values spirituality
- We graciously share the Good News of Jesus and grow in faith together
Building healthy communities:
- Investing ourselves in relationships that promote mutual flourishing
- We find the wholeness God intends for us in community
Working for justice:
- Tackling the social systems that harm creation and strip away human dignity
- We join God’s work to build a fairer world where all can thrive