Thank you for visiting The Salvation Army Australia website. This website may be available through other addresses or channels.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, ‘The Salvation Army’ (and ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) means:
- The Salvation Army (being the unincorporated worldwide religious and charitable association);
- The Salvation Army (New South Wales) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (Tasmania) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (Victoria) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (South Australia) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (Western Australia) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (Northern Territory) Property Trust;
- The Salvation Army (Queensland) Property Trust; and
- any organisations or bodies corporate owned or operated by any of the bodies above.
Information has been provided as complete and in good faith without any express or implied warranty and is subject to change and is as up-to-date as our resources permit.
The information about services and worship centres of The Salvation Army are specific and relevant to The Salvation Army Australia Territory and may vary throughout other Salvation Army Commands and are as up-to-date as advised.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Salvation Army reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions without notification of change.
2. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (both registered and unregistered) appearing on this website (“TSA IP”) belong to The Salvation Army exclusively, or is licensed to The Salvation Army, unless otherwise indicated. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions grants any right and/or licence for you to use or otherwise deal with any one or more elements of TSA IP except as expressly authorised in writing by The Salvation Army.
3. All intellectual property rights in and to all logos and slogans are subject to copyright obligations to owned by The Salvation Army and, along with all information, text, graphics, advertisements, audio, and multimedia found on this site are not to be copied, reproduced, reused, reposted, repurposed, transmitted, adapted, republished, broadcast, distributed or uploaded without written authorised permission from The Salvation Army.
4. Information contained in Media and Appeal [SL1] resources are provided for use within the general intent of informing the public. Use is as identified on the individual document. Restrictions apply as above to the use of logos.
5. As a condition of use of The Salvation Army Australia website, you undertake not to use any of the material on this website in a way that:
a. is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions;
b. is used to impersonate any person or The Salvation Army;
c. is used to create content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive or otherwise infringes the copyrights of The Salvation Army; or
d. breaches the copyright or intellectual property of a third party.
6. Transmission of any virus, spyware or other harmful malware or component is prohibited. The Salvation Army makes no warranties or representations that access to The Salvation Army Australia website will be secure and free from viruses.
7. The information on this site has been provided for personal, non-commercial use only, to provide information on the Mission and Ministry of The Salvation Army.
8. Information on services of The Salvation Army provided on this website is provided for the generic assistance of the public. The information on this website should in no way be interpreted as professional advice, instruction or opinion on your personal circumstances. Please contact an appropriate health or social services professional for advice specific to your situation. We make no representations or warranties that the information provided on The Salvation Army Australia website is complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date or suitable for any particular purpose.
9. The Salvation Army Australia website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites and/or the actions or inactions of the owners/operators of such websites. The inclusion of any links does not imply a recommendation by The Salvation Army or an endorsement of the views expressed within them, unless expressly stated so.
10. In no event will The Salvation Army be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of revenue, opportunity or reputation), or any loss or damage of any kind arising from loss of data, information or funds arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. We are not liable for any errors, omissions or defects in the material on The Salvation Army Australia website.
11. You will indemnify The Salvation Army if it suffers any loss or damage or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by you or your use of or conduct on The Salvation Army Australia website.
12. The Salvation Army Australia website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that The Salvation Army Australia website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access The Salvation Army Australia website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction where you access The Salvation Army Australia website.
This website is enabled for online donations using a secure donation server. However, despite the security on the website, you should be aware that there are inherent risks in transferring information across the Internet.
We record on our fundraising database the Internet donor's name, address, email, telephone, amount donated, and if the funds are for a specified gift. Our fundraising database is protected by secure user IDs and passwords, to help protect it from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When making a donation on the Internet, you are given the option (in wording of equal size to all other information requested) to untick a box to opt out of receiving future email communications. If this is not changed, you may receive fundraising material from The Salvation Army and your email address will be added to our email database. You may remove your name from this database at any time. Our emails include an unsubscribe link to facilitate this.