Red Shield Hostel Darwin
The Red Shield Hostel provides short to Mid-Term accommodation for vulnerable singles over 18 who are deemed to be at risk of homelessness. Residents have access to our Street 2 Home, Door Ways and Positive Lifestyle programs all designed to assist people back into mainstream society and out of poverty.
Red Shield Housing Services:
- Budget priced single rooms for vulnerable singles over 18 who are deemed to be at risk of homelessness.
- All rooms are accessed via internal staircases
- There are no lifts in the building
- Bookings can be made between 8:30am and 10pm daily
- Rent is payable in advance, we do not give credit
- Promotes a drug-free, alcohol-free, and violence-free environment
- Guests are required to observe hostel rules
- No pets allowed
- On site car parking
49 Mitchell Street
PO Box 189
Darwin, NT, 0800
Phone: (08) 8981 5994
Fax: (08) 8981 0454
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Rooms are available on a medium to long term basis.
- Rooms are fan cooled and contain a single bed, table, chair, storage cupboards and small fridge
- Hostel staff service all rooms on a weekly basis and provide fresh linen
- Communal kitchen, male and female amenities are located on each level of the building
- Coin operated laundry is located on the ground floor
Street2Home Case Management Program
As part of the Red Shield Hostels commitment to empowering clients, we offer a case management program called Street2Home.
What can you expect?
- Weekly meetings with your case worker, and more frequently if required.
- Help with establishing goals in your life and support from your case worker to acheive these
- Encouragement to particiapte in programs run by other organisations
- Support from your case worker to take initiative and be self supported
- Regular social outings and involvement in cultural activities
- Assistance completing applications and referrals for other helpful services
- Understanding when things might not go as planned
What do we expect from you?
- Commitment to attend weekly meetings with your case worker
- Honesty when discussing current situations
- A willingness to complete and submit a Territory Housing application
- An attitude of willingness and self betterment
- Evidence of making progress and achieving your goals
- Respect, for yourself and others
For more information please call Jaki on (08) 8981 5994